My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to ALL!!

Adam, Mason, and I woke up at 7:45am to Haylee already in the living room checking out her Santa stuff.  I asked her what time she got up and she said "6:12am".  She was ready for Christmas!  They got a ton stuff!  They weren't wanting for anything, that's for sure!  It literally looked like Christmas threw up in our living room. 
My parents came over with Waffle House for breakfast (yum!).  Presents were opened for about an hour or more and then it took Adam and I until 3pm to open, sort, and put everything away in their rooms.  Whew!  Christmas dinner was at my parents - I've ate so much in the past few days to feed an army!  Not really, but it feels that way!
Haylee has been doing so great with everything.  She's been taking her pills (even with me waking her up - no fussing!), carrying around the antibiotic bottle, and going to bed like a champ.  I'm so glad everything worked out for her to be home for Christmas.  She's been feeling great (she gets tired of me asking her if she's feeling OK).  She told me tonight that she was tired but with her being up early and all the excitement, we all need to go to bed early!  We had a great day with them :)

A special thanks to EVERYONE who helped out with their Christmas, whether it was shopping, wrapping, giving ideas, or setting everything up....words are not enough to say how thankful we are for everyone and everything.  It's been a very trying time in our lives over the past month and without all the wonderful people in our lives, both near and far, supporting and loving us like you do, we would be lost.  Thank you again from the bottom of my heart :)

The best present I had was spending Christmas at home with my BOTH of my babies :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope ya'll had a blessed Christmas I am so glad that the bug got to be home for it all! I know I am doing the same with Sky's stuff still need to clean her room to make room for new stuff! Love ya'll Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! See Ya'll soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a wonderful day with your family. Praying for Haylee continues! God Bless and Merry Christmas.

    Emily, Noah, and Laura

    ReplyDelete