My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 2, 2011

11/25/11 - Day 5


Adam and I needed some normalcy in our lives so we Black Friday shopped in the Gift Shop downstairs after having breakfast together.  Haylee told us it was OK if we left for a while, that she would be fine.  30 minutes after leaving her, I felt so guilty and was ready to go back up to her.  Because of the doctors doing rounds on the PICU, we were locked out of the unit until 8am anyway so we made the best of it.  We bought Haylee and Mason some little things and just killed some time.
 When we got back, she slept for a little while then to our amazement, asked for our help to get in the chair!  She actually wanted to get up!!  I laid in her bed while she sat in her chair and we played TIC TAC TOE and Old Maid to pass time.  We had a visit from the clowns and that made her laugh and perked up her spirits :)  She had to be given another bag of platelets because they were below 50.  The doctors were still saying she was doing good and we could be out of the PICU in a few days!!

WBC - 32,000; 22,000
Platelets - 49,000; 127,000

No comments:

Post a Comment