My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 21, 2011

12/21/11 - Ah, a lazy day.

What a night!  Giving Haylee IV meds every 8 hours is exhausting for me!  She had meds at 11:30pm then I had to unhook her, flush and hep lock her after 2am.  Adam's alarm clock went off at 6am for him to go to work, then I had to get up at 7:30am (which turned into around 7:45am) to give her daily pills along with a Benadryl and was supposed to wake back up and hook her up at 8:15am but that turned into about 8:50am.  Whew!  Just exhausting, but necessary.  Haylee slept right through everything except taking her pills.  She went back to sleep in my bed once she was done with that. 
A friend of mine stopped by this morning just to see us.  She got to see Haylee (when she finally woke up at 10:30am) and just visited for a while.  Adult conversation is great!!  After she left, Haylee and I pretty much did nothing.  And I do mean nothing...and it was awesome! 
Adam came home and we decided to go to Walmart to grab a few things and just get Haylee out of the house for a bit.  We made her wear her mask and she didn't complain about it.  She had on a hat and mid-way through our trip she asked if she could take her hat off.  I told her she could but didn't think she wanted to in case it embarrassed her a little.  She said she didn't care!!!  She didn't care if people stared or anything!!  She just went along like it was nothing and we treated her as such.  I was SOOO proud of her!  She's been such a trooper about everything! 

4 comments:

  1. I bet she was burning up! It was kinda warm today. I'm sure she was happy to be out and about even for just a trip to Walmart :) Before to long you'll get into the routine of it all the meds. Stay strong Miss Haylee!! Wish we could come see you but Jordan is sick but getting better but now Todd is sick... I'm fine but I'm sure I have all their germs :( We will see you guys as soon as we are all sick free around here! I think about you everyday and love you all so much!! So happy your home for Christmas!!
    Love,
    ~Stephy, Todd, & Jordan~

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL HAYLEE. LOVE YOU BUG!!! ILL SEE YOU SOON
    TASHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kid is a rock star with a warrior spirit!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete