My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 31, 2011

12/30/11 - A day of visiting with great people

Today, we went to my dad's work to bring Haylee by to say 'thank you' for everything they have done for her and us since her diagnosis.  She was really shy with everyone at first but eventually opened up to Stuart, a guy my dad works with, during the visit.  She didn't know what to do with all the attention given to her.  Usually, she's an attention hog but not today!  She met a few of the guys that cut their hair for her, too.  They gave her a hard time about telling my dad not to cut his hair (and PawPaw was thankful!).  She thought it was funny :)
We went to lunch at The Collegiate Grill in Gainesville (yum!!).  Everyone there was super nice to her and she had the best chocolate milkshake ever!  (Thanks to The Collegiate crew!)
After lunch, we went by my mom's bank to thank them as well.  She wasn't as shy with them but I guess that was because she had been showed around to everyone at dad's work.  At least she didn't hide her face with the girls at the Gainesville Branch like she did at my dad's work! 
We went to Old Navy and shopped around for a bit...new jeans, a few new shirts, and a purse she wanted.  It's blue crushed velvet, go figure!  (Her favorite color is blue.)
We came home and she played with Savannah for a while.  That's pretty much what she looks forward to everyday.  I didn't make her do any school work today since they usually have no homework on Fridays!
Adam and I went to get tattoos of Leukemia ribbons tonight but the wait was too long so it'll have to be tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment