My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 23, 2011

12/23/11 - Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

Haylee was up and ready to go at 7:15am.  Guess it helped her going to bed at 9pm and she actually got good sleep.  I, on the other hand, was totally worn out this morning.  I got up and hooked Haylee up to her Vanc at 8am but then dozed on the couch until around 10am.  I only have 2 1/2 more days of this and she's done with the antibiotics.  Whew! 
We went to lunch with my good friend and co-worker, Tammi, today at Dos Copas.  It was so good catching up with her and letting her and Haylee visit.  I've missed her!  Haylee ate 2 tacos and a chocolate molten cake :)  Some of her appetite is still the same.  I guess chocolate is good with everyone (well, most people!).  A parent of one of Haylee's friends surprised us by buying all 3 of our lunches for Christmas.  Thank you, Jessica!!
During lunch, it came out that we were getting rid of our dog, Abby.  Haylee was not happy about that.  Tammi and I were having to try and explain to her that its best if we don't have her around with her germs and the fact that Abby could hurt her when she's just wanting to play.  She came around but I'm glad we got that out of the way.
My dad told me yesterday that 19 of the guys he works with shaved their heads to help raise money for Haylee.  Thank you, thank you guys!  Rock those bald heads!!  No one does it better than my Haylee Bug, though I'm sure you all look great anyway!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys were able to catch up. Keep the blogs coming! I look forward to them every day. I hate that I can't be there but I appreciate you documenting what is going on so I can keep up. Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. still haven't found a place for abby? i'm still putting feelers out.. she is such a pretty dog. if my sister didn't have two other dogs that are going to be in our new house we would so take her.. even my sister said that. anyway.. i have been thinking about you and wanted to give you some space to kind of enjoy being at home. still praying... :) merry christmas eve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were glad to shave our heads to help y'all out, although some of the guys were pretty scary. Our 5 yr. old daughter, Callie, donated 11" of her hair to Locks of Love recently. Bless her heart, she thinks her hair went to Haylee. Anyway y'all are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete