My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 5, 2011

11/27/11 - Start of an uphill battle

I feel like I can officially say that she's on the road headed up.  Sure, there will be some pretty bumpy paths but she's been doing great!  She doesn't sleep very well but all in all had a pretty good day today.  She played and was in a good mood most of the day.  When I came back from my night with Mason, I brought her pink Christmas tree to put in her room to make it more festive.  She enjoyed putting it up with me.  One of my friends bought her a pink ornament that says "Diva" on it...so true!  That was the first ornament for the tree.

(the picture shows the best smile we've seen from her since last week in the PICU.)

WBC - 3330; 2490
Platelets - 52,000; 45,000
Hemoglobin - 9.0

No comments:

Post a Comment