My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 8, 2011

12/8/2011 - I like long walks in hospital corridors and sitting in gardens :)




Haylee had a fever again this morning - 101.4 and it's day 6.  If she has another one tomorrow they will change some of her medications.  She had Tylenol and Benadryl between 9-9:30am and was in and out of sleep until about 1:30pm.  So, needless to say I was BORED OUT OF MY MIND!  I was able to do some word searches, update my craigslist account, balance my checkbook, check my e-mail, color some ornaments, unwrap a present donated from the Taylor Brooks Foundation for Haylee, and view this blog to make sure it was like I want it.  Yea, I got a few things done! :) 
Dr. Kellar came in and said her sores don't look much better.  I've managed to keep her off the morphine today and take only Tylenol for the pain.  I'd rather her have morphine at night.  Anyway, he said that her counts should start coming up, staying up, and stabilizing by this weekend or early next week.  She has no monocytes today.  That was a bummer to me this morning but, it is what it is.  I felt like she backpedaled a little bit and I don't need to look at it that way.  I guess I was just looking for her to have the same amount or more.  I didn't think she would go back to zero. 
Once I was finally able to convince her to get out of bed, we walked downstairs to the garden and sat outside in the sun.  She hasn't been outside, like really outside, in weeks.  She really enjoyed the fresh air (well, through her mask!) and the sunshine.  We walked around the back part of the garden where she hasn't been before and she was getting cold so we went back inside and found The Voice, the radio station donated to the hospital by Ryan Seacrest.  We got to go inside and look at all the pictures of the people who have been here.  Daughtry and Gabbie Rae will be here at The Voice next week!  We're pretty excited about that. 
We went downstairs and saw a concert from Callenwald Orchestra Band from Decatur.  It was nice to hear instrumental holiday music.  The music from How The Grinch Stole Christmas was the best!  Santa Claus made a surprise appearance and it put a smile on her face.  Santa even lead the band in a song. 
Back upstairs, her dinner order wasn't put in when I called at 5:30pm and left the message so I had to re-order her food at 7:45pm.  It made me mad because the poor baby hasn't ate and she FINALLY wants real food and they didn't get the order!!  8:25pm, she finally gets her cheese ravioli with meatballs.  Poor thing...she was hungry and I'm more than thrilled!!!!!!

WBC - 2730
Platelets - 16,000
HGB - 8.1
Monocytes - 0
SEG - 1




4 comments:

  1. I told you there was a radio station lol Hope those mouth sores go away soon. So glad she ate today! Keep it up Haylee!! Try and get some sleep tonight! Praying her fever goes away for good! Love you bunches!!
    ~~Stephy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She ate??? That's GREAT!!!! I was just sitting here thinking about you guys.. as usual!! And thought I would check in to see how her day was. Glad she got some rest.. and glad you got caught up on things. :) Your dinner is made for tomorrow night.. Kimberly Keene is going to take it to the center in the morning. I hope it's good. I never like to send food off that I don't at least get to taste first. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for your posts. I check in all the time to see if there is a new one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryane, I am thinking about you, haylee and your whole family every day. I hope you guys will be home for Christmas. If you need anything PLEASE let me know, I'll do it in a heartbeat. Lots of love to you all.
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great to hear that she is eating and getting up and walking around!! I've told everyone at my work about Haylee and daily I get asked about her!! She has many prayers and thoughts going out from Augusta!!! Keep your chin up Ryane, you are doing great and I'm sure that little fighter will make it home for Christmas!! Love you all!!! :) Jamie (The Slow One!)

    ReplyDelete