My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 9, 2011

If you would like to help....

I get comments, emails, text messages and phone calls all the time saying if we need anything just ask or asking if we need anything.  Most of the time the answer you'll get from me is "No thanks, we're good" or "Ok, I appreciate it".  At this point, we really don't know what we need.  I'm going to be out of work full time for a while, maybe even until summer (part time here and there)...I'm not sure of the timeline.  If you are really interested in helping out, Discovery Point inside Hamilton Mill and Regions Bank - Gainesville Main Office are selling orange Leukemia Awareness bracelets that say "Hope for Haylee" on them.  I'm not sure of the cost of each bracelet.  Also, at any Regions and RBC bank, donations can be made in Haylee's honor (reference the Haylee Hyde fund).  Thank you to EVERYONE who has helped out in any way, whether it be a daily prayer, a passing thought, a monetary donation, keeping my 2 favorite men fed, visiting us in the hospital, or sending gifts for Haylee....we are MORE than thankful to you.  Our words cannot begin to express our gratitude and the elated feeling we have when we think about all the love and support that's going on for Haylee all around us during her battle.

As one of her friends wrote on a card for her, "Leukemia may have won this battle, but Haylee will win the war!" 

Continue to send prayers up for our little girl!!  We can't thank you enough :)

1 comment:

  1. Ryane- your courage and strength show on this blog every day. You are right.....you all have a wonderful support network. I am glad to hear your boys are still being well fed. My prayers are that Haylee will get stronger everyday and you can all spend Christmas together at home. Each part of recovery will have it's up and down days. This one day having her count down will not get this strong little girl down for long. I have shared your story with many of my co-workers here in Chicago, and you have numerous people praying for a clean bill of health. The garden seems beautiful.....so happy the hospital has things planned for the kids to do. Tell Haylee as soon as we get more snow, I will send her some snow from up north. Take care! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete