My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 14, 2011

12/14/11 - Our first day of freedom!


What a great first day home!  She slept through the entire night - I had to wake her up this morning at 9:30am to take her pills!  She only growled at me for a minute, then she took them. 
I cleaned the house all day while she just laid around and relaxed.  She didn't eat a whole lot today but I was able to get her to drink for the most part.  She wanted to play on the Wii so I let her do that while I cleaned.  We were both entertained :)
She had been complaining since before her diagnosis that she was having trouble seeing and also that her wrist was hurting.  We made an appointment with her regular doctor to have her vision checked as well as have her wrist looked at.  According to the vision test, she has 70/20 vision in both eyes so they referred us to an opthamologist.  That appointment is pending.  As far as her wrist, the doctor said it doesn't seem to be related to the bone but maybe the ligaments.  The doctor recommended she wear a wrist brace, put icy/hot on it, and have her wrist massaged to see if that works.  We have no idea what she could've done.  I know that the ATRA she's taking can make her muscles sore but just her wrist?  It's so bad she has trouble opening doors. 
The rest of the night has been pretty uneventful and we like it that way.  She's glad to be home and so am I.  Mason and Adam are pretty happy, too :)

3 comments:

  1. this post made my whole day!! i promise not to call you before 11 tomorrow morning... :) :) :) get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love. We haven't talked in years. I've been following Haylee's progress and your blog. I check it for updates everyday. I wrote this poem a while back for my baby gitl but when I re-read it today I thought of Haylee. Hope you enjoy...

    From graceful lilies pure and white, God fashioned lovely skin, Forget-me-nots he chose for eyes, Then formed your baby chin. He took a tulip bright and red -- Twas one that did not fade; A softer, sweeter little mouth Before was never made. Another flower next He used -- A rosebud, pink and fair; Touched it to your dimpled cheeks And bade it blossom there. Then with His magic fingers picked Two morning glories white; Curled and shaped your little ears, Soon they were fastened tight. That crowning bit of golden down Will soon become your hair; He gathered pollen from the flowers, And sprinkled it with care. For dainty little fingers dear And precious, tiny toes, He used slender daisy frills; A snowdrop made your nose. This world and all within it He created here for man; But you, my baby girl is "God's Masterpiece" Since time and life began! My Shylah Faith, my baby girl! You are ever so important in my small little world. I promise to always love you and always be there, for you are God's own Masterpiece that I must handle with care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haylee Kate, I can't wait to see your beautiful face! Same goes for your Momma! I miss you so much and I am so proud of you! Love Ms.Ashley :)

    ReplyDelete