My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

December 2, 2011

11/24/11 Happy Thanksgiving from Egleston :)


She had chemo last night so she wasn't in the greatest moods today.  She just wanted to stay in the bed.  We tried to get her to sit with us and she wouldn't.  Adam climbed in the bed with her and watched a little TV.  She kept having to have the "pink bucket" (in case of vomit) in front of her.  She was nauseous all day, but with nothing on her stomach, she couldn't throw up. 
My mom cooked and brought Thanksgiving dinner for us to eat in the PICU waiting area.  Mason was able to visit with us too!  I was so glad because I've been missing that little dude!!  The doctors have been very impressed with her progress but put her on nutrition IV bags - electrolytes and lipids - because she hasn't been eating or drinking.  We called it her Thanksgiving dinner!!

WBC - 47,000; 40,000
Platelets - 71,000; 52,000

1 comment:

  1. I am just beginning to read this and once again am amazed by you and your family! I am in tears for you, yet you appear to be so strong while your heart is being ripped to shreds watching your little one go through so much! WOW!!! Your strength through such adversity is amazing!

    ReplyDelete