My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 9, 2012

1/9/12 - Monday Funday!

We were at clinic allllll day.  At least we're not inpatient for the time being but clinic days are sooooo long!  Haylee had her EKG this morning which looked great!  All of her counts and chemistry blood work came back looking good as well.  Dr. Keller came in and said she was looking great and gave her the OK to return to school the 2 weeks she's in between arsenic treatment sessions.  She was excited to hear that!  I'll be a nervous wreck when that happens.  Dr. Keller also said because her blood pressure has been good for a while, she could quit taking the blood pressure pill!  Yay, 1 less pill to take!!
I made her do schoolwork when she was doing her 2 hours of infusion and she was mad at me.  She acted like she hadn't got to do anything she wanted to do today.  I let her play her DS and watch TV while she waited to get her EKG and the entire time before infusion time (4 1/2 hours!) and she wanted to give me a hard time about 2 hours worth of school work.  I told her she could just be mad and do the work or repeat 3rd grade...she did the work :)
Haylee is supposed to meet with the H/H teacher tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe she will do better with her!  I'm sure she will cause she will make sure she works and doesn't mess around.  I'm the Mom, so she figures she can 'play' me but it doesn't work and she doesn't like it!  Haha!

WBC - 7220
HGB - 11.5
Platelets - 372,000
ANC - 4120

2 comments:

  1. Are you gonna try and work those 2 weeks? or are you gonna sitting by the phone the whole time lol I'm just playing with ya! I'm happy to hear Haylee is doing so well. It was nice talking to ya today and I finally changed that ring tone lol Keep up the good work Miss Haylee!! Love you guys bunches!! ~Stephy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear she is still doing so well'. I'm still praying for you guys. You are such an awesome mom Ryane. Haylee is one lucky little girl to have you in her corner. Thinking about you daily.... And praying for strength and healing!

    ReplyDelete