My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 20, 2012

1/19/12 - A less exciting day compared to yesterday

Our day today was less exciting than yesterday and I like it that way!  Our appointment was at 11:30am and it felt like we were there FOREVER.  We didn't get started with infusion until almost 12:30pm and left about 2:30pm.  Haylee met another little girl there and her name is Haley.  They were in the school room together and then did a puzzle together after that.  Haylee was able to get a little over an hour in school today and then another hour at home.  She's a little behind on completing the school work but she will get caught up.  I guess I need to establish more of a schedule for school.  It's just hard due to her clinic schedule and me still wanting her to be a kid.  I'll figure something out! 
I had to change her dressing and line caps today.  It went well, but I'm still on the lookout anyway!  I had to give her some Benadryl afterwards because it was itching and it probably will itch for another day or so.  Hopefully it gets better soon.

I meant to tell something funny Haylee said on Tuesday.  One of the doctors came over during infusion to check on her because one of the nurses said she looked like she might be getting a rash on her face.  The doctor was telling me that she thought Haylee looked and that it didn't look that way to her, just rosy and then said that sometimes the drugs they are on can just make their cheeks flush every now and then.  Haylee heard the doctor say 'drugs' and Haylee said, "I don't do drugs.  Drugs are bad."  We started laughing and explained to her that there are bad and good drugs and that sometimes the doctors call medicines 'drugs'.  We also told her she was right that she didn't do BAD drugs.  It was cute :)

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad she's doing well ! i miss you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. MmmmmKay lol that's so cute!! wish you could leave the bandage off for a little bit so her skin could get air :( but I understand why you can't. Other than that I'm glad she is doing well :) ~Stephy~

    ReplyDelete