My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 24, 2012

1/24/12 - She got 'salty' with Maggie...LOL

Haylee has been waking me up in the wee hours of the morning the past few days complaining about her line dressing itching so I checked it out today and it looked a little funny to me, like yellow and crusty?  Something like that. 
We got to the hospital early to see if we could get started with infusion early and to have the dressing looked at.  Maggie went ahead and took us early since they had 1 chair left open.  I had Maggie take a look at her dressing and she suggested it be changed and she would get one of the doctors in to look at it while the dressing was off.  Maggie rounded us up a dressing kit and once I got it off, she called in one of the doctors to look.  The doctor said it looked normal to her but if it continued to do that or the antibiotic patch was soaked through, they would have to look into what to do to fix it.  Hopefully its just from her constant itching that's irritating it and making it crusty and nothing else!! 
I sent Haylee off to school after getting hooked up and the dressing change.  Maggie saw her in the school room itching her dressing and told her to try not to itch the site and to just pat it instead.  Maggie said that Haylee cut her eyes at her.  Then when Maggie asked to look at it to make sure the rash wasn't spreading, she said that Haylee said, "NO!" and jerked her body around away from her.  Maggie came in our room and told me about it and said, "She got salty with me!" and laughed about it.  She came back in to flush Haylee's line later and apologized for making her mad and explained to her the importance of patting and not itching.  Haylee smiled at her and they were friends again.  We love Maggie :)
We practiced her multiplication tables using flash cards that Tracey and Jami (the school teachers) let us borrow for a week.  She knows them pretty well, but not fluent enough.  We're working on that. 

After Haylee had a bath tonight, she pulled out another tooth.  She just pulled a tooth out last week!!  If she keeps it up then she won't have any teeth left and the Tooth Fairy will go broke!!  LOL!!

MRI, spinal tap, infusion, and eye doctor tomorrow...gonna be a long day! 

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck tomorrow and call me once you are on your way home I want to know ALL about the day! Love, Stephanie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay is know for her saltiness LOL! That is what makes her the bug(just like her momma LOL)!

    ReplyDelete