My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 8, 2012

1/8/12 - That's what I love about Sundays...

What a dreary day!!  The good news is that there is nothing new to report :)  Haylee is still doing awesome, feeling great, and back to herself!! 
I met up with some good friends (Stephanie B, Desiree, and Ivy!!) at Dos Copas last night to have a few drinks and listen to some music from my favorite local band, Full Frontal.  Love them!  Next time Stephanie is in town, we're gonna get the kids together so they can play. 
We grocery shopped and pretty much lounged around all day after that.  Our PJ's were on by 4:30pm!  We saw one of Haylee's friends, Gabby, and her family at the grocery store.  Haylee was so happy to see her!  She could actually hug her this time since last time they saw each other Haylee's counts were still down and I was nervous about them getting too close. 

Have a great rest of your Sunday!  Back to clinic tomorrow for EKG and infusion.

3 comments:

  1. YAY I love no news being good news! Last night was great and I really enjoyed spending time with you guys. I def. agree my next trip we will have to have a cookout with the kids or something that would be awesome. I think Haylee and CJ would get along great and Mason and Alyssa as well since they are all the same age. Thanks again for last night! Let me know how clinic is tomorrow and what her levels look like. Love ya! Stephanie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haylee You Are Doing GREAT! You are amazing and so is your Mom and Family! Thinking about you every day! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that Haylee is doing so well :) I think about her everyday! Sending my love and prayers to all of you! :)
    Love ya bunches~Stephy~

    ReplyDelete