My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 6, 2012

1/6/12 - Happy First Friday of 2012!

Haylee and I had a bit of a rough night.  Her rash under the CVL dressing was really bothering her.  She tries as hard as she can to not to scratch it but I'm sure its hard.  So we slept on the couches so not to bother Adam and Mason :(
The nurse today gave us a few dressings to try that may help but we won't know for a few days.  I hope these work!!  Our new home health company is going to send us dressing for sensitive skin (thank you!!).  I changed the dressing to the a new one from the nurse so keep your fingers crossed!  I'll just continue to give her Benadryl and heat and icepacks until it's tolerable.  It's really all I can do at this point.
I made Haylee do some school work during infusion.  She's such a good student and is super smart but trying to get her to focus and do the work is the hard part.  I can't wait for next week when the teachers at the hospital as well as the homebound teacher can work with her and not me!!

Infusion went well again!  Haylee's responding so well to the Arsenic.  I hope it continues!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the new dressing works and that starts to feel better real soon. Hope tonight is a better and more restful night! Love, Stephanie Boyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the dressing being uncomfortable. I found out the hard way also that I was allergic to the tape and dressing. Just so you know it burns and throbs!!! So I know after everything Haylee is going thru she doesn't need that when it could be an easy fix, but it will take a couple of days to feel better even after the new dressing! Sorry Haylee! Hope everything continues to go well and think of you all often! Love yall Cyndi

    ReplyDelete