My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 29, 2012

1/28-1/29/12 - The Weekend

Haylee and I were so glad that we were able to have 2 days off from the hospital!!!  We only have 1 week left and she's off for 2 weeks (and back to work and school). 
Adam's mom and a friend of hers came for a visit this weekend.  They were at our house when we got home from the hospital.  The kids were excited to see her!  We went to the mall on Saturday and did a little clothes shopping for the kids and then went to Build A Bear so they could get a stuffy.  What a crazy time!  The kids loved it though.  Haylee got a blue bear and dressed her up in Victorious clothes and Mason got a brown puppy and dressed him up as Spiderman - he kept saying, "I have a SpiderDog!".  My parents came over and we all ate pizza for dinner and visited together.  Mason and I were so tired that we passed out at 9pm.  I'm not sure when Haylee went to bed!
I had to grocery shop (which is no fun) so after that we had a lazy Sunday afternoon.  Gotta love those days!! 

Back to our normal routine on Monday morning - EKG, PE, and clinic.  A week from tomorrow we're done for 2 weeks!!  So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment