My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 7, 2012

1/7/12 - Clinic on a Saturday

Because of Monday being a holiday for the clinic staff and they weren't open, we had to do clinic today on the inpatient floor of the hospital and had to be admitted for our time there.  We were there at 8am but didn't start infusion until 10am.  They aren't as fast as the clinic (and they said they wouldn't be).  It was the longest morning but I did doze in and out on their "couch" they have in the rooms.  I don't miss sleeping there!  Haylee watched TV, played her DS, and played in the playroom.  We went down to the cafeteria around 12pm for lunch while her infusion finished.  By the time we were done with lunch, she was done with her infusion and we were discharged and ready to go home.  We were home by 1:30pm.  We start Monday - Friday clinic next week but will have to do Tuesday - Saturday again the week of the MLK holiday since clinic closes for that day as well.   
I changed her dressing to a different one that Maggie (one of the clinic nurses) gave us that helps with sensitive skin and it seems to be working!  She's not scratching hardly at all and if she does, she doesn't cry about it and giving Benadryl helps, where it was barely helping before.  I'm so glad too cause I felt so bad that there was nothing I could do to help her except tell her to stop scratching and to her, that wasn't helping! But it seems to be working and we're so glad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment