My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 11, 2012

1/11/12 - Same ol, same ol...

Aside from the fact that we had to circle 4 levels of the parking deck for 20 minutes before we found a parking spot...Haylee had a great treatment day!  The constant circling set my mood for the day, however.  We were 25 minutes late for our appointment, which was at 10:30am.  Every minute counts!  According to our nurse, Maggie, the pharmacy was backed up making chemo medications so Haylee didn't officially get started with her treatment until 11:45am (and that made Maggie MAD!  She says she's not a patient person and thought Haylee and I were great for being so patient). 
She went to school for about 30 minutes today.  I'm not sure how all this works with the hospital and homebound services.  They are required between the both of them to make sure she has a minimum of 3 hours a week with a teacher.  I just feel like she isn't getting enough time with a teacher during the week.  I mean, 3 hours a week just doesn't seem adequate enough when she was getting 6 hours a day before!  I'm not expecting her to get 6 hours a day but more than 3 hours a week, for sure.  She's behind on her multiplication tables.  I do what I can with her but it doesn't count towards her attendance and, let's face it, I'm no teacher!! 
Mrs. Deal, her homebound teacher, came today to help her with her Math lessons and brought her assignments for next week.  She's got plenty to keep her busy.  I just hope she continues to understand everything even though she's not in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment