My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

February 8, 2012

2/8/12 - Happy Hump Day!

Haylee had another good day at school!  The shirt she had on today showed the tape at the top of her line dressing and she said a few kids asked what that was.  She told them and they just said "Oh."  No other questions.  She said everyone is always saying "hi" to her...all the time.  She said it's kind of weird to her but it doesn't bother her.  I explained that everyone is just glad to have her back at school and are getting their 'hi's' in while they can.  She has one more day of school this week and then a clinic appointment Friday.  Her birthday is this weekend and she's super excited :)
I had a quiet day at work but kept a headache all day.  I don't know what it was, possibly some smelly antibacterial gel.  I came home and fought off a migraine.  It just stayed at a pounding headache level.

My mom had surgery on Monday to repair a torn rotator cuff in her shoulder.  She went to the ER this evening, not feeling well.  Her and my dad are waiting on the x-ray and CT scan results to see what the problem is.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment