My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

February 20, 2012

2/20/12 - Back to the arsenic grind!

We started back to our daily commute for arsenic treatments today.  My mom came with us so she could see where to go and what to do since she will be taking Haylee down for me a few times a week.  The EKG and Echo went well - they were able to get us in early and I was grateful for that since we didn't start infusion until 2:45pm (our appointment with Dr. Keller wasn't until 1:30.  The early arrival in Cardiac was helpful!!).  Her labs came back looking great and infusion went well.  Haylee was extra mouthy today - she didn't wanna do her schoolwork but she did it, huffing and puffing.  I told my mom to watch out for her because she would try and talk her way out of schoolwork. 
Dr. Keller saw us today and told us that she would get close to a 3 week break between Consolidation 1 and 2.  That was exciting to hear!  Once she's done on March 23, she has to wait 7 days before she gets a bone marrow aspiration and then another 7 days to be re-admitted.  It's looking to be around April 10.  I asked again about the possible outpatient during Consolidation 3 and he said they have done it in the past but most kids get really sick and have to be re-admitted during that time.  He said they would discuss it amongst themselves when that time comes on what they will do.  They did drop her ATRA dosage about 30%.  Her normal daily dosage is 30mg and now its 20mg.  All they did was drop the nightly dosage from 2 pills to 1 pill.  Dr. Keller said they don't want her to develop the pseudotumorcelebri again so they will try this and see how she does. 
Haylee came home and developed a headache tonight.  I gave her some Tylenol and she seems to be doing OK.  I'll have my mom mention it to Maggie tomorrow to mention to whoever is on-call in clinic tomorrow.  Maybe it's just a headache.  I don't wanna take chances though.

WBC - 7960
Platelets - 415,000
HBG - 13.9
ANC - 3150

No comments:

Post a Comment