My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

February 18, 2012

2/14-2/17/12 - A week of school is done

I haven't blogged in a while and that's because Haylee's days have been the same everyday.  On Valentines Day, there was a party at her school where they had cupcakes and candy and did their Valentine exchange.  She came home all jacked up from sweets!  Wednesday and Thursday she had good days.  She never said any different and I didn't get a phone call or a note home, so it was just good (haha)! 
Her last day was Thursday since the school was closed Friday and Monday for President's Day.  I don't see her going back to school for the rest of the school year unless she has a chance in between treatments.  She knows that and is ok with it. 
Friday, Haylee came to work with me.  Gwinnett county was out of school too, so the schoolage kids were there.  She loves going to daycare and seeing her friends there.  She was upset when I told her we weren't going on Monday, but she'll get another chance.  They all went on a field trip to see "Journey 2".  She said she liked it but it was a little scary.  We came home, she played with Savannah from next door, and the rest of the night was uneventful. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment