My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

February 11, 2012

2/10/12 - A great start to the weekend

No school or work for Haylee and I today.  She had a clinic appointment at 10am as part of the study.  She had an EKG and a count check to make sure everything is still going great.  We got through registration quickly (the check-in receptionist knows us by name so she checked us in fast).  The EKG took a total of 20 mins, including wait time.  We had to wait upstairs for our clinic appointment for 2 hours because we were an hour early for the appointment.  Haylee had her labs drawn and about 10 minutes later, Stacy came in to check her out.  Her counts were fabulous but her EKG results had not came back yet.  Stacy said she would send us home and call if something was wrong, but that no news is good news.  She also said if something had looked wrong that she would have already heard about it. 
We got back to town and shopped a little - Haylee's birthday is this weekend so we did some birthday shopping!   We had a great rest of the night :)

I misplaced my paper that showed the the exact counts but I remember an estimate of each:

WBC - 8800
Platelets - 475,000
HBG - 11
ANC - 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment