My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

March 26, 2012

3/25/12 - Updates

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while.  Things have been going super well and clinic is the same everytime!  I hope everyone enjoyed seeing her on TV thru the link.  She did a great job!!  We were so proud :)
Her last day of clinic went great!  Dr. Poochie got his clown cookie cake from Nonna and him and Haylee went around the clinic floor looking for it (it was in our room the whole time).  The clowns were a big part of making clinic fun for Haylee.  She looked forward to Tuesdays and Fridays because of them.  Maggie showed me how to do the PICC line dressing change so we didn't have to drive her down for a 15 minute dressing change.  Seems easy enough!  Maggie gave me 2 of everything in case I messed up! 
We had a good weekend!  We're wanting to go up to Helen for our last weekend together for a while.  The kids would have a good time up there!  She went back to school today and was sooo excited that I let her ride the bus.  I was a little nervous, but I have to trust her.

She will get to go to school this week only until Thursday.  Friday, she has a bone marrow aspiration and then we are scheduled to go back into the hospital on Tuesday, April 3.  I'm going to see if they will let her keep her PICC line for a little while longer since she's doing so well with it.  We're mentally preparing ourselves for it.  She's doing fine with it and I'm getting there.  This will probably be a bad round.  It's common for nausea, vomiting, possible mouth sores, and frequent high fevers (102-104).  I'm not looking forward to it but it will have to get bad before it gets better.

5 comments:

  1. Hope u get to go to Helen :) I think that's a wonderful idea! Let me if u need anything when she's back in the hospital. Or just call me if u need to talk. I love you guys so much. Going to continue saying our nightly prayer for Haylee. Keep ur head up and like u said its gotta get bad before it can get better. Haylee is a strong girl just like u and I know she is going to beat this. Stay strong and I love u bunches!
    Stephy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome.. Have a nice trip and try to relax and enjoy each other. You are such an inspiration... Love you Ryane.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know of anything you need at home or downtown, I'm pretty much free this week :) Haylee is doing awesome and I know she will continue to fight and be strong! We are thinking of you guys and sending good thoughts to all of you!! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ryane, my name is Stephanie Rumer. I am Lowery's mom. Lowery and haylee were in Ms. Matthews class together. haylee is just a pleasurable child.I would come in three or four times a week to mentor some of the kids. haylee always wanted to come to the table where I helped the kids. she couldn't because she didn't need any help.I told that was a good thing so she would always sit close at lunch. i bought that gift for Haylee as soon as i heard the news last year. I apologize for it taking this long to get it to her.When I saw her the other day I hugged her and stole some sugar too! and came home to get her gift. She's agreat kid......amazing!!!!!! think of YOU alot Haylee.. smile that contagious smile as much as you can!!!! Stephanie and Lowery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm Teddi Holt of Women Who Pray. I'm a part of Shinegirlsshine also...Aunt Teddi to them. I pray...

    LORD, we thank You for Haylee, Ryane, and their family, and support group. We thank You for the care in the hospital. We ask for wisdom for the medical team...and, LORD, we speak life and life abundant into this circumstance. You tell us that You contend with the things we contend with, and You fight against the things we fight against. You, in us, LORD, are the Hope of Glory! We speak Hope and Faith to Haylee! Faith is the substance of things hoped for...the evidence of things not seen! Thank You, LORD, for believing with and in us for the health and healing of Haylee! We rebuke leukemia and any other cancer! We say NO!! in Jesus' Name! You say, LORD, "The life is in the blood." We speak life to Haylee's blood! Good cells over bad cells! We thank You in advance, LORD, for the miracle we expect! We thank You, LORD, that Haylee's immune system...her white cells and all antibodies are in good working order...fighting any cancer cells. Thank You, LORD, for making our bodies...to fight all that attacks it!! Thank You, LORD, that You forgave all our iniquities and healed all our diseases on the cross! We cast this care on You, LORD, for You care for us! Thank You for the adventure in the hospital...that Haylee and Ryane will give hope and speak health to all that are there in the room, down the hall, wherever they go in the hospital...even to the doctors and nurses. You told me as I spent plenty of time in hospitals with children and parents to be up and about Your business Lord...healing the sick and winning the lost...sharing the Hope that is within me. You said it gives the enemy...a black eye!! May these precious people see that as the LORD inhabits their praise...their speaking only what the Word promises us...the good news...and not the bad news that wages war with our minds, causing us to crumble...as You inhabit our praise...we are resisting the devil...and he has to flee!! Gloorrryy!!! Be blessed Ryane...love on that precious one and her siblings...they are His reward!! He loves them more than we do! :) <3

    ReplyDelete