My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

March 7, 2012

3/6/12 - What's been going on the past few days?

Clinic has been going well the past few days and the weekend was quiet as well.  We hung out as a family this weekend, not doing anything in particular. 
Monday, Haylee had her EKG (which was normal) then we went upstairs for clinic.  For some reason, we weren't scheduled to see a doctor, just infusion.  We went ahead back to the infusion side and let the doctors and nurses work it out.  We never did see a doctor on Monday, but they discussed her in their little room, signed off on her chemo, and waved at us later in the day.  I guess nothing had changed in their eyes.  I will have to talk with them next Monday though...I have a meeting next Wednesday to discuss CRCT testing and a 504 plan for her.  I can't even pretend I know what that means because I don't!  I know its an education plan but I thought we already did this.  What do I know, right!?  Haha!!
Tuesday, I opened at work and it was picture day.  I had the kids' pictures made together and I'm so excited about getting them back!  They looked sooo cute! Haylee went to clinic with Nonna and the only thing negative was that the chemo wasn't signed off on for that day (or probably the rest of the week).  We hung out with good friends of ours, Durena and Jerry, for dinner.  I think my kids are in love with Durena!!  Or she was just like a shiny new toy haha! 

The past few days have been good and Haylee is doing well!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Haylee is doing good, and that things are progressing as they should. A 504 plan is for the school so that they can make any and all necessary modifications for Haylee when she returns to school. That could be a simple as allowing extra time for a test, having things read to her, or whatever she may need. Get as many details from the doctor as possible. If it is not included in the 504 the school can't do additional modifications. Let me know if you need any help with this. We have lots of them with the kids at our school. Also, our kids here have put together a care package for Haylee. Can you send me an address where to send it. Take care! Stay strong.......thinking of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle - For some reason, I don't have your email address anymore :( If you have mine still, send me yours and I'll send you my address! Thanks so much for thinking of her!!

      Delete