My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

March 20, 2012

3/19/12 - Haylee's TV debut!!

Clinic was just like any other normal Monday - long.  EKG, counts and chemistry was good today and infusion was started just after noon.  Kayson was there today so Haylee had someone to play with (even though she is 4 years younger than Haylee).  She got a good bit of school work done and Maggie did a dressing change (which are getting easier and easier as they come since they have to be done 2x a week).  Stacy said that Haylee looked good and we are in the homestretch of our last clinic week.  I should find out today a schedule for the next 2 weeks and when she goes back inpatient. 
I got a phone call today from a hospital representative letting me know that Haylee's Fox 5 interview would be during the 5:00 hour of the news tonight during Health Watch.  She was AWESOME!!  We recorded it and I watched it 3 times after the original airing.  She wasn't too shy and did a laugh that was great!  I should have a link to the interview emailed to me today and I will post it for everyone that missed it as soon as I can. 
Emory eye doctor check-up appointment is tomorrow and then infusion.  Another long day! 

1 comment:

  1. It was awesome! You and your mom even ended up on tv :) and the haylee laugh at the end was the best! Love ya bunches, stephy

    ReplyDelete