My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

March 16, 2012

3/16/12 - A good message enclosed

Clinic was super busy today!  They only had 2 infusion nurses and 24 patients (no Maggie today :( )!!  Haylee and I were put on the clinic side with one of the clinic nurses, Ann.  She's just as fabulous as Maggie!  The clowns showed up today and made us laugh!  Lindsay has some repeating hippo app on her iPad and Haylee borrowed it and her and the clowns played with it for a while.  After she was hooked up, she was trying to play her DS but everytime she bent her arm, the alarm went off on the machine.  That happened for about 15 minutes.  She got frustrated with it but finally figured it out.  She went and played the Wii for a while and before we knew it, she got her flush and it was time to go home.  Infusion flew right on by for once!!
We got our grocery shopping for a few weeks out of the way so it didn't impact our weekend (I HATE grocery shopping!).   Haylee went down to play with Savannah and all is well :)  Still no word from Fox 5 about Haylee's interview.  I watch it everyday just in case they forget to call me (and I would be MAD if they did!).  I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out!

A dear friend sent me an email today with a great message and I would like to share it with you.  She said she thought of my tub side conversation with Haylee and sent it to me.  If ever in doubt about anything, remember this statement and it will all make sense.  (Thanks, Dana, for sharing!  It's a great message and really made me think.):

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did". When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence: "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment: