My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

March 3, 2012

3/3/12 - Updating from the past few days

Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days...Haylee's been doing well and life has been moving on as it was during the first part of this phase.  We hope to keep her out of the hospital until she is scheduled to go back!  Fingers crossed!
My mom took Haylee to clinic Thursday so I could work and Friday so I could take care of some things for myself.  Both days went well.  Thursday morning around 4am, Haylee woke me up saying that her hand was itching and burning a little and I noticed a rash on her hand.  I told her to get the heat pack and use it on her hand and I would have Nonna talk to Maggie about it at clinic.  Turns out the doctors think its from the ATRA (go figure!) and we should just keep an eye on it for oozing and itching.  She hasn't complained about the itching since that day, so that's promising.  Her H/H teacher, Mrs. Deal, came by Thursday afternoon and worked with her on the last part of her schoolwork for the week.  They were able to get it knocked out rather quickly and she was done for the week!
Friday's clinic was pretty much that she could do whatever she wanted since she had no work to do.  Kayson was there and her mom made cupcakes for Dr. Seuss's birthday.  Since I missed it, Kayson sent a cupcake home to me, too.  What a little sweetie!!!  Kayson and Haylee played some, and then clinic was over. 
We went to dinner as a family to Red Lobster (yum!) and then came home to battle the storms.  The storm moving straight for our area weakened some as it moved and then ended up passing a few miles north of us...we lucked out!  Hope that everyone else was safe from the storms as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment