My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

March 8, 2012

3/8/12 - Still going well :)

We're almost done with this consolidation - can you believe it!?  Tomorrow, Haylee will have 2 weeks left of daily clinic visits.  I'll actually miss it because they get 2-4 hours of our day, then we go home instead of being inpatient everyday.  And we'll miss Maggie - she's absolutely fabulous!  My mom made brownies for Maggie and we took them in today.  They were gone quickly!  Thanks Nonna!!
Yesterday and today's clinic went well.  Haylee and I actually got out of clinic today by 12:40pm - the earliest so far!!  Hopefully tomorrow will be the same!  On our way out, I spoke with the appointment scheduler and she made sure Haylee would see a doctor next Monday.  That really bugged me that we didn't see one this past Monday.  I don't know what happened. 
Haylee's been doing really well with school.  For the past 2 weeks, she's been done with all of her work on Thursdays.  She's been seeing the teachers in the hospital almost daily as well as 2 appointments a week with the homebound teacher from the county.  All the teachers are really doing great keeping her on track and pretty much up to par with the rest of her class.  If the scheduling goes the way it should for the next consolidation, she should be able to take the CRCTs at school with maybe 1 day of test taking at home (she may have a bone marrow aspiration that day). 

No comments:

Post a Comment