My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

March 11, 2012

3/11/12 - The daily grind starts back tomorrow

Friday was another good day in clinic.  The clowns came to play!  My mom can't stand the clowns but Haylee and I think they are hilarious!  Dr. Pucci's the best.  Clinic went off without a hitch!
The weekend was a good one...very nice and laid back.  We all went to see "The Lorax".  It was pretty cute.  Haylee laughed alot and so did Adam and I.  Mason had never been to the movies before and he did GREAT!  During the previews, he kept saying he wanted to go home so we thought we were gonna have to leave early but he made it and he just sat there and stayed quiet.  We were so proud! 
Haylee and Mason played outside Sunday afternoon...it was sooo nice out!  During Haylee's bath time on Sunday, she asked me if Mason was going to get leukemia.  I told her that I didn't know but that probably not.  She said she hoped he didn't get it but again wondered out loud why she had to get it.  I explained to her that God works in mysterious ways and that sometimes He gives us obstacles that make us grow stronger.  She wanted to know why He made a bad thing happen to her.  I said again about how sometimes bad things happen to us so that we learn to be stronger and learn to deal with and overcome all bad things that come our way in our lives.  She seemed to understand and be happy with that answer.  We had a very nice weekend nonetheless! 
Tomorrow is EKG/doctor visit/infusion day.  It should be just another manic Monday ('I wish it were Sunday...cause that's my fun day'....haha!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment