My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

June 27, 2012

6/27/12 - Counts in limbo and more Camp Sunshine fun

The finger pricks this morning....went.  At 4am, Ashley tried to get the blood from her finger but she just couldn't get enough (and that was after poking her twice) so at 6:15am, Lab came in, poked her right and got what was needed.  Luckily after this morning, they only need enough blood for counts and not counts AND chemistry checks.  She did well for 4am and 6am.  She stalled a little but finally got the job done and went back to sleep. 
Another fun filled morning with Camp Sunshine - fishing, spin art, dot painting, face painting, and drum making!  Also, Mickey and Minnie Mouse were around bringing smiles.  Mickey came to our door and was urging Haylee to join them (we got up late!).  We were able to get a picture with Minnie Mouse, though.  Haylee snuck her mask off long enough to get her face painted like a cheetah :)


Cheetah head...

Cheetah face!

Haylee Kate and Minnie Mouse

Colleen came in to feel Haylee's port.  She went ahead and ordered an X-ray just to make sure it hadn't flipped over and that's why they couldn't get it accessed yesterday.  Colleen figured that since it didn't go in correctly on the first poke, the additional pressing and moving it around and around irritated the tissue under the skin and around the port.  She agreed to leave Haylee unaccessed to let it heal.  Dr. Cooper came in and just checked her out.  He likes to see Haylee and is really good with her.  At the same time, he's done having to treat her inpatient!  He said since she's got a few monocytes today that tomorrow should tell which way the counts are going to go.  I said that right now those monocytes mean nothing to me until I see tomorrow's counts.  He agreed. 
Haylee and I headed down to The Voice for a bit before Adam and Mason got here for dinner.  Wendy (she runs The Voice and also used to fill in as a DJ on the weekends on Star 94) was showing her how run the show and man the controls - and she had a good time doing it!  While I was sitting down there, Dr. Cooper found me to let me know that the X-ray was fine and the port is facing the correct way - whew, what a relief.  He let me know that Colleen put in the orders for Lab to come in and poke Haylee's fingers for blood until further notice. 
Adam and Mason showed up for dinner - we always enjoy their visits.  I miss my little dude everyday :(  Haylee gave Mason and Adam all the stuff she made for them so far this week.  Mason was so excited!  We ate dinner, the kids played in the room for a while, we went down to the garden for them to throw pennies in the fountains, and they played ball. 
Since Haylee isn't accessed, she was able to take a shower - she loved it!  We both relaxed for the rest of the night.  We love when there's no drama :)

WBC - 1520
HGB - 12.5
Platelets - 71k
ANC & SEGs - 0
Lymphs - 97
Atypical - 1
Monocytes - 2......

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cheetah face! Beautiful.... I just love her big smile. In the midst of all that is going on she always seems to come out of it smiling... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I almost cry every time I read these. It just amazes me how strong Haylee has been through all this. That smile just warms my heart! She is such a wonderful girl. I wonder who she gets all that strength from... Oh yea her Momma! We love u guys so much! Love, Stephy, Todd and Jordan

    ReplyDelete