My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

July 1, 2012

6/29-7/1/12 - A long weekend for Haylee and Nonna

Nonna was on vacation this past week and came early Friday to spend the weekend with Haylee.  There wasn't anything going on for them to do so they pretty much had to entertain themselves and each other which was a feat, I'm sure!
They tried to re-access Haylee on Sunday afternoon with no luck.  Leah tried the best she could as well as the day nurse, Amanda, and neither had any luck.  Leah's opinion was that the port needed to come out because there was no use having it in if it couldn't be accessed.  Haylee has a clinic appointment along with a BMA and LP with chemo injection so I plan to talk to the doctors about them taking it out permanently.  Nonna and Leah said that despite how difficult it was for Haylee, she did AMAZING!  Nonna had to stand in my place and I've been there, done that so I know how difficult it is to watch and have to deal with my child in pain and crying for them to stop.  As hard as it is for me to deal with it, it had to be harder for my mom since she's the Nonna.  I get my strength from my parents - I know that my mom was just as strong as I have to be during that tough time even though it's brutal to deal with (Thanks Mom, you were there for her and stayed strong.  I know it hurt to watch and go through that today but you were wonderful!). 

Counts didn't get any better over the weekend until Sunday's counts.  They look promising but neither Haylee nor I are getting our hopes up until we're told she's being discharged. 

Friday's Counts

WBC - 1670
HBG - 11.6
Platelets - 40k
ANC & SEGs - 0
Lymphs - 97
Monos - 2

Saturday's Counts

WBC - 1880
HBG - 12.4
Platelets - 29k
ANC & SEGs - 0
Lymphs - 98
Monos - 1

Sunday's Counts

WBC - 1790
HGB - 12.2
Platelets - 21k (only went down 8k which is good)
ANC - 20 :) :)
SEGs - 0
Lymphs - 90 (the lowest it's been yet)
Atypical - 5
Monos - 4 :)


The fundraiser is still going on!!  We really would like to reach our goal to ensure that all of our financial obligations are well taken care of.  Please promote through Facebook, Twitter, and through email to get the word out!!!  Thanks! 
http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=1892&url=hopeforhaylee


Please pass this along to any and everyone who can help! If you are aware of any other way to get the fundraiser out in the community, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment