My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

July 27, 2012

Haylee's a SUPERSTAR!

The 2012 WSB Care-A-Thon was held yesterday and today at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite and Haylee is one of the children featured this year!  She was interviewed yesterday live on the air by Neal Boortz and even though she was shy, she did great!!  She was in our local county paper as well about the Care-A-Thon.  Hopefully, in the next few months I will have a link to the live broadcast with Haylee, Neal, and Belinda.  I've put the link to the WSB radio feature as well as the link to the local paper about Haylee below.  There was a camera crew at the hospital as well who filmed us walking around the clinic area.  I'm not sure if it aired and I can't seem to find it online anywhere. 
During Haylee's hour of the Care-A-Thon, $97K was raised for the AFLAC Center and Blood Disorders.  After her interview, Neal Boortz took a picture of him and Haylee and posted it to his Twitter account and it also went on the CHOA facebook page.  She's everywhere!!! 

2012 WSB Care-a-thon

http://www.barrowcountynews.com/section/34/article/16983

1 comment:

  1. Yes she was! I saw her on Facebook! And people where all saying how she pulled off the bald head better than he did lol it was cute. I missed it but heard the end when he said how much was raised when Haylee was on and he said she was a hero :) lot of people posted to that she soundedbas cute as she looked lol love her! way to go Haylee! Love, Stephy!

    ReplyDelete