My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

July 7, 2012

7/7/12 - Weekend Update

It's been great being home!  Haylee was super tired on Wednesday.  She wanted to go to Walmart and we needed to anyway for a few things.  We walked her around the entire store then she came home and went to sleep about 6:45pm.  We woke her up about 9pm to do some fireworks then she went back to sleep after that. 
Haylee woke up refreshed Thursday morning.  I took her around looking for a particular DS game she wants with no luck (but she got out of the house!).  It's a pain for her to have to wear a mask outside of the house but she does it with no complaints.  Hopefully on Tuesday her counts will be back to normal so she can keep the mask off.
I've been keeping an eye on her incision from her port removal and it's been draining, which I'm told, is normal.  Yesterday, she was taking the bandage off to change it and it looked like the incision was opening!  It scared me to death and even though I kept that as under control as possible, Haylee could tell I was nervous about something.  I put another bandage on it and call clinic.  They gave me the number to outpatient surgery and I left a message for the surgeon who performed the surgery.  He finally called me back a few hours later and said they will leave the incision open a little so that it can drain, that I could put steri-strips on it (which I did prior to his phone call), she could shower as normal, and resume normal activity and the site would scab over and all would be well.  He put my mind at ease and clinic will check it out on Tuesday.  It has been looking better since I've been using the steri-strips. 

Haylee's been feeling fine through it all too!  She's been glad to be home and life is returning to normal as much as possible.  We're actually looking forward to Tuesday so that we can get counts!

Have a great weekend!   I'll update on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment