My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day weekend

The fundraiser is still going on!!  We really would like to reach our goal to ensure that all of our financial obligations are well taken care of.  Please promote through Facebook, Twitter, and through email to get the word out!!!  Thanks! 
http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=1892&url=hopeforhaylee


What a busy week!  Friday was the best day of chemo because Haylee was de-accessed and the chemo was ready for her almost right after she was checked in.  Needless to say, we didn't have to wait too long.  Lindsay took Haylee on an 'adventure' to get something together for me for Mother's Day.  It was a stuffed dog and a coffee cup.  It was too cute and she was excited to give it to me. 
Haylee spent the night at Nonna and Papa's Saturday night.  She enjoys spending the night over there.  Adam and I had a much needed date night with the Zac Brown Band (thanks to Tammi and Albert for hanging out with us and to Amy for keeping Mason for us!!!). 
Sunday, we hung out at home....it was a dreary day and we just lounged around.  We met Nonna and Papa for dinner for Adam's b-day, Mother's day, and Father's day.  It was a nice dinner and we all ate good :)

Haylee has a clinic appointmet tomorrow to check counts.  I should also find out what the results of her last BMA are...cellular or molecular remission???  I'll let everyone know after tomorrow! 

1 comment: