My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

May 6, 2012

5/6/12 - Weekly Update

PLEASE CONTINUE TO PASS ALONG AND PROMOTE THROUGH FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND TO ANYONE ELSE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN LENDING A HELPING HAND THROUGH HAYLEE'S YOUCARING WEBSITE. THANKS!!
http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=1892&url=hopeforhaylee


What a great week at home!!!  Haylee has been in school since Wednesday and I went back to work, part time, as well.  All 4 of us have had 'normal' lives since Wednesday (aside from Haylee not having any hair and her constant pill taking). 

Haylee officially starts Consolidation 3 tomorrow morning.  She has to have a few tests in the morning then shuffle upstairs to clinic to be accessed, have counts checked, and start chemo.  Luckily, since she has chemo Wednesday and Friday too they will leave her port accessed for the week.  She will have to switch from showers to baths, but it's all worth it!!  It'll probably be a long day but not as long as when she was in the Arsenic phase.  Wednesday and Friday shouldn't be as long since she's just having counts checked and chemo. 

Haylee has been really enjoying being back at school!!  It bums her out that she will miss 3 days next week, but we gotta do what we gotta do!  At least she's going for the last couple of weeks.  I ask her everyday how school is, if anyone gives her a hard time, etc.  She said on Friday that sometimes kids stare at her - not the kids in her class but the little kids (I'm guessing K-1st graders?).  She said it bothers her a little but that they just don't understand what she's going through.  She's so smart and just takes everything that comes her way.  Again, she's my hero...I'm not sure I could do and feel the way she does about it all if the roles were reversed. 

I'll update tomorrow after she finishes chemo to let you know how she does.  Happy Sunday!!

1 comment: