My daughter, Haylee Kate, was diagnosed with APML Leukemia, which is a rare form, on November 21, 2011 at 8 years old. I thought this would be a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out and to let others know about her ups and downs throughout her treatment.

January 24, 2013

AHHH!! We've got Bieber Fever!!!!

Last week, Kristin from the AFLAC Cancer Center called us to let us know that someone donated 2 tickets to the Justin Bieber concert to a patient who was well enough to enjoy the concert.  Everyone there knows Haylee to be a HUGE Bieber fan so she called us to offer us the opportunity.  I, of course, said YES with no hesitation.  I contacted the owner of the tickets, Angela, and we met up  last weekend for lunch and to meet them for the tickets.  They were sooo nice!!!  Angela and her daughter, Annabelle, were going to the concert as well - just a few rows down from us. 
Last night was the concert and we had an absolute BLAST!!!  We loved the show!  Cody Simpson opened for Carly Rae Jepsen and she opened for Justin.  Our seats were AMAZING!!  Haylee told me that it was the greatest night of her life :)  We some fun and needed mother/daughter time.  I loved being able to share that with her.  And now she can say her very first concert was Justin Bieber of all people!!  A special thanks to Angela, Annabelle and their family for making this possible for us.  They are angels!!!  We are so thankful for them - we can't say thank you enough!!































3 comments:

  1. Awwwww bug so happy for you. glad I got to see the beibs. I miss u in the mornings.
    love ya Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW CLOSE YOU GUYS WERE!!!!!!! Your pics are incredible. I am so happy that HK got to go... what an AWESOME night for the two of you to spend TOGETHER... after all that you have been through.. TOGETHER ;)! Awesome people who donated their tickets. I love the picture of you two... priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! Bet you both had a blast!! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete